What foods prevent inflammation and chronic illness?
Eat more whole grains: brown rice and bulgur wheat (in which the grain is intact).
Use healthy oils: extra-virgin olive oil as a main cooking oil.
For neutral tasting oil, use expeller-pressed, organic canola oil.
Organic, high-oleic, expeller pressed versions of sunflower and safflower oil are also acceptable.
Avocados. Nuts (and nut butters): walnuts, cashews, and almonds.
Salmon (preferably fresh or frozen wild or canned sockeye), sardines packed in water or olive oil, herring, and black cod; hemp seeds and flaxseeds (preferably freshly ground); or take a fish oil supplement (look for products that provide both EPA and DHA, in a convenient daily dosage of two to three grams).
• Eat 40 grams of fiber a day (increase your consumption of fruit, especially berries, vegetables, beans, and whole grains.)
• Choose the most colorful fruits and vegetables, especially cruciferous vegetables.
• Drink tea instead of coffee, especially white, green or oolong tea.
• If you drink alcohol, use red wine preferentially.
• Enjoy plain dark chocolate in moderation (with a minimum cocoa content of 70 percent.)
• Drink pure water, or drinks that are mostly water (tea, very diluted fruit juice, sparkling water with lemon) throughout the day.
For a great pictorial summary of what I just went over, take a look at this unique food pyramid, the Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid.
There you have it… the map to preventing chronic illness and enjoying great health!
Choose health today! Don’t make excuses!!
Change What Needs Changing…Not What’s Easy.
Ready to get started down the path to disease prevention?
Contact me today, it could change your life!